Hinduism 2 Go
In 2009, HAF created Hinduism 2 Go cards. These pocket sized cards hold the very basics of Hinduism, as seen below. The Hinduism 2 Go cards have been a hit at interfaith gatherings as well as with academics and journalists. If you are interested in placing an order, please email HAF at firstname.lastname@example.org. To download a pdf of the card, please click here.
Supreme Reality or God that is:
- The all pervading and absolute reality;
- Beyond description;
- Worshiped in various forms, male and/or female, and by many names.
- Mode of conduct most conducive to spiritual advancement
- Includes universal human values and values specific to an individual's stage in life (i.e. student, parent).
- Principle of cause and effect;
- An individual's every action produces an appropriate outcome for him/her;
- Outcomes may span over lifetimes.
The ultimate goal is:
- Freedom from samsara, the cycle of reincarnation (the soul survives death to be reborn in a new body);
- Achieved by self-realization and elimination of material desires and attachments.
Hindus acknowledge the existence of multiple paths to the Supreme Reality or God.
Vedas, Agamas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, devotional literature